Since its humble beginnings in 1957, the Rochester Broadway Theatre League (RBTL) has become one of the most vital presenters of performing arts and entertainment in Rochester. Most notably, RBTL owns and manages the Auditorium Theatre, which hosts a myriad of diverse performances year-round. The M & T Bank Broadway Season features a full program of classic Broadway shows from Fall through Spring. The Theatre is also the venue of choice for a number of local performing arts groups, featuring many recitals and other performances.
The Auditorium Theatre is located in the Masonic Temple of Rochester, built in 1928, which became known as Auditorium Center in 1989. Purchased by RBTL in 2003, major renovations were undertaken restoring it to its original state, an ornate example of Art Deco design and architecture. The RBTL presents events outside of the Auditorium Theatre as well, assuming an active role in the planning and development of future performing arts opportunities in Rochester.
Rochester Broadway Theatre League Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (steps from several RGRTA buses at East Main Street/Prince Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good (however, no access to balcony seating)
- Performances/Programs: M & T Bank Broadway season includes 5 Broadway productions, each running between one and three weeks. Other events include touring music; dance and comedy performers; and a summer Broadway day camp
- Ticket Prices: Varies widely ($15–$133) depending on event and seating choice
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions to the M & T Bank Broadway Season begin at $99 and include admission to all five season productions, priority seating, advance tickets to Season Specials, ticket exchange privileges and more.