When the troubled Sacramento Symphony Orchestra went under in 1997, the musicians and music lovers of Sacramento still believed that Sacramento deserved its own prestigious classical organization; they immediately formed the Sacramento Philharmonic Orchestra.
The SPO, today, has a much more manageable calendar (and budget) than the original historic ensemble. The 83-member ensemble is led by Music Director, Michael Morgan and performs five programs during its regular season, with an adventurous mix of classical masterworks and hidden gems. Season tickets are very reasonable and the Flex packs of three or four concerts in the regular season are a great way to get just a taste of the Phil’s sound. Dedicated to education and outreach as well as top-notch performance, the orchestra also sponsors a number of educational programs for every age level.
Sacramento Philharmonic Orchestra Information
- Venues: Community Center Theater Downtown Sacramento, B Street Theatre, Guild Theater, The Artisan Gallery, Temple or Rishon (Orangevale), Granite Bay Golf Club (Roseville), Crest Theater, Madrona Vineyards (Placerville), L Wine Lounge
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: Five regular programs each season
- Ticket Prices: $16-80
- Group Discounts: Yes
- Subscriptions: $92-347 for 5 concerts, Flex packs of 3 or 4 concerts available
- Membership: A number of membership levels are available, with varying benefits
- Other Discounts: Half-price student tickets available.