Founded in 1880, the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra has built a reputation of musical excellence and a commitment to local education and community activities. Each year, the members of the Symphony participate in over 300 free performances and events throughout the greater St. Louis area.
With the 50 Free Ticket Program, the SLSO offers 50 free tickets to the public for all of its regular orchestral concerts (free membership card required). Their “2 for the Badge” program gives complimentary tickets to police officers, firefighters, and active military personnel on the day of the performance. The SLSO’s Encore! Program offers patrons a second hearing of any concert for free (just bring your original ticket to the Box Office).
As part of the E. Desmond Lee Fine Arts Education Collaborative, SLSO enhances the music curricula of than 90 participating member schools through various initiatives, including classroom interaction with musicians, faculty, and artists from the participating institutions.
Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra (SLSO) Information
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Performances/Programs: Over 100 per season
- Ticket Prices: Range from $16-$105. Senior Rush Tickets are half price and available one hour prior to a given performance. “Sound Check: St. Louis” is a discount program where students may purchase $10 tickets to most orchestral series concerts throughout the season. Half price tickets are also available for children ages 5 – 12. (No children under 5 are admitted to the concert hall.)
- Group Discounts: Groups of 20 or more can experience the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra for $22 per ticket for select performances, $25 for Premium Concerts (P). Groups also receive a 20% discount off the regular ticket price for all Holiday and Special Event concerts.
- Subscriptions: Three types of subscriptions are offered; “The Subscription Series”- a 10 concert-series and 6-concert series from which you choose the programs that best matches your interests and tastes; “Compose Your Own”- you program your own season with the SLSO, and choose from our 60 Orchestral Series concerts for a 6 concert series; “Classic Choice Coupon Book”- with the Classic Choice coupon book you can select the concerts you want to hear at significant savings. You can purchase books with 6,8 or 10 coupons to use throughout the season. Subscriber Benefits include 10% savings on additional ticket purchases and free ticket exchanges.