Although the ensemble began its artistic contributions to the southern California region as the San Diego Symphonic Chorale, the vocal ensemble—now totaling over 125 singers—started to present concerts independent of the San Diego Symphony in 1979, as the San Diego Master Chorale.
In addition to frequent engagements with the Symphony and Orchestra Nova, the Master Chorale’s concert programming ranges from popular musical theater and opera selections to spirituals and patriotic tunes. The group’s outreach programs include “The Sentimental Journey” and Holiday sing-along concerts—free events given at local retirement home communities.
San Diego Master Chorale Information
- Venues: Copley Symphony Hall, 750 B Street; Embarcadero Marina Park South, Marina Park Way; College Avenue Baptist Church, 4747 College Avenue; and various other venues
- Public Transportation: Good for each venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for each venue
- Performances/Programs: 9–10 performances per season
- Ticket Prices: Each performance is priced individually.