Honored in 2005 by the San Diego Critic’s Circle for “30 Years of Artistic Dedication to Downtown and Diversity,” San Diego Rep has made it its mission to excite and ignite local audiences with the power of provocative theatre. During the course of its history, the company has presented local premieres from playwrights like David Mamet and Sam Shepherd, along with long running productions such as the musical Six Women with Brain Death and Love Janis. The company’s “Calafia Initiative,” started in 1996, has hosted an impressive list of international artists-in-residence and produced 18 new multi-cultural works for the stage.
San Diego Repertory Theatre (San Diego Rep) Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (a short walk from buses 2, 3, 7, 11, 15, 30, 50, 120, 150, 210, 810, 820, 850, 860, 901, 923, and 992 at Broadway/1st Avenue; and a 5-minute walk from the Blue and Orange Lines at the Civic Center Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $29–$53, senior and military discounts $25–$43, student tickets $18, discounts for groups of 10 or more, shows available on Goldstar.com
- Subscriptions: Five-Play $125–$211, Three-Play $72–$123, and six-voucher pass $252–$282. Subscription discounts for seniors, full-time students, and active military. Benefits include free ticket exchanges and free indoor parking.