Since its inaugural 1983-84 season, the San Jose Stage Company has produced more than 125 dramas, comedies and musicals, including nine world premieres. Its current performance venue, The Stage, opened in 1990. Recent productions of note have included the South Bay premieres of The Pillowman, Dirty Blonde, and Red, White, and Tuna.
The company is committed to employing local actors, directors, designers, scenic artists, and technicians. In 2006, San Jose Stage launched Actors’ Lab in support of its educational outreach programs. The company’s other endeavors include establishment of a costume co-op to serve as a resource for theaters in the Bay Area; formation of a community box-office network; establishment and co-production of the Downtown Arts Series; and co-foundation of the Arts Alliance as a forum to discuss and respond to specific challenges faced by mid-sized arts organizations.
San Jose Stage Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (The 2nd St. & Williams bus stop is a 1-minute walk from the theater)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 5 shows with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Tickets to plays range from $20–$45 and tickets to musicals range from $25–$50 with prices varying by date. discounts are available for students, seniors
- Group Discounts: Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: 5-play subscriptions range from $85–$180 with prices varying by date selection.