An integral part of the burgeoning Santa Barbara arts scene, the Santa Barbara Symphony was founded in 1953 with the mission of bringing a world-class orchestra to the people of greater Santa Barbara. Today, the orchestras regular concerts and educational programs reach over 35,000 patrons annually. Programming tends to err on the side of caution with lots of the traditional audience favorites. However, the orchestra does bring in a number of renowned guest artists and often, these players bring with them some of their best, and lesser known, favorites. SBS’s educational outreach programs include a youth symphony, concerts for young people and the “Music Van,” a mobile music education program that travels to area schools.
Santa Barbara Symphony Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Venue: The Granada
- Performances/Programs: 8 programs per season, Saturday evening performance and Sunday matinee for each regular season program.
- Tickets: $10-60
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions available for evening or matinee performances.
- Group Discounts: Groups of 20 or more receive discounts depending on size
- Membership: A number of membership levels with varying benefits
- Other Discounts: $10 student rush tickets.