Santa Fe Pro Music was founded in 1980 by Music Director Tom O’Connor and Associate Artistic Director Carol Redman. Since then the group has achieved a rare feat; garnering national recognition while maintaining impressive dedication to the Santa Fe community. Initially, Pro Musica’s repertoire was limited to Baroque compositions performed on period instruments. Today the ensemble performs a wide range of material for chamber ensemble, chamber orchestra and large-scale oratorio ensemble from the past 400 years.
The group frequently hosts internationally-acclaimed classical artists (Yo-Yo Ma, Ian Bostridge and Lang Lang, among others) and the Baroque Christmas concert has become a beloved Santa Fe tradition. Tickets can range from the wonderfully inexpensive to a little pricier, but rest assured, the music is worth it, cheap seats or not.
Santa Fe Pro Musica Information
- Public Transportation: Varies depending on venue.
- Handicap Access: Varies depending on venue.
- Venues: Lensic Performance Art Center, St. Francis Auditorium, the Historic Loretto Chapel.
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 25 performances per season.
- Ticket Prices: $15-65, depending on performance venue and seating choice..
- Subscriptions: Several subscription packages are available, allowing access to 4-10 of the season’s programs. Benefits include preferred seating, discounts (10-20%) on box office ticket prices and additional tickets, and ticket exchange privileges. Additionally, the ‘Calendar Club’ allows access to any of the season’s concerts (including repeat performances) for a monthly fee of $35.