Once you get inside the recently expanded SAM (past Jonathon Borofsky’s 48-foot-tall Hammering Man), be prepared to see one of the most extensive Northwest Coast Native American art collections in existence, as well as an equally excellent collection of African art. You’ll also find a strong selection of European and American art from across the centuries, including a first-rate Northwest contemporary collection.
Seattle Art Museum (SAM) Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible via the Metro bus)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Tuesday–Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Thursday–Friday 10 a.m.–9 p.m., closed Monday
- Admission: $15, seniors (62+) $12, students and teens (13–17) $9, members and children under 12 free. The preceding are suggested fees and include the cost of special exhibitions
- Free Day: First Thursday of every month free, first Friday of every month free to seniors (62+), second Friday of every month free to teens (13–19) 5–9 p.m.