Located in the 1933 Art Moderne building that was originally home to the Seattle Art Museum, SAAM exhibits works from all Asian countries and cultures, with a special emphasis on Chinese and Japanese art. The museum is located in the middle of the 48 acres of Volunteer Park, which makes a visit particularly nice in good weather. And in bad weather, a short stroll to the north gets you to the Volunteer Park Conservatory and its botanical garden.
Seattle Asian Art Museum (SAAM) Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible via the Metro bus 10.)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Tuesday–Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Thursday–Friday 10 a.m.–9 p.m., closed Monday
- Admission: $13, seniors (62+) $10, students and teens (13–17) $7, members and children under 12 free. Note: The preceding are suggested fees and include the cost of special exhibitions
- Free Day: First Thursday of every month is free, first Friday of every month is free to seniors (62+), first Saturday of every month is free to families.