In existence since 1994, the Seattle Baroque Orchestra has utilized its 40-person ensemble of early music specialists to demonstrate the inherent vitality of 17th and 18th century music and the dazzling virtuosity required to execute it. The orchestra interjects programs populated by the works of Purcell, Corelli, Scarlatti, Lully and others with works by contemporary composers and collaborations across artistic disciplines.
Single tickets for the concert season—which runs October through April—cost as little as $29 for the general public, $24 for seniors, and $10 for students. (Tickets are unavailable for purchase on the ensemble’s web site; ordering by phone, at 206-322-3118, is the preferred method.)
Seattle Baroque Orchestra Information
- Venues: Town Hall, St. James Cathedral
- Public Transportation: Varies depending on venue.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies depending on venue.
- Performance/Productions: Five programs per season, with one or two performances of each.
- Ticket Prices: General admission $40, Seniors $35, Youth (under 25) $15, Discounted side sections $25
- Subscriptions: Season tickets (all five concerts) $170, Seniors (65+) $150, Youth (under 25) $50. Pick three subscription available for $105 (Seniors $90, Youth $30).