For over 20 years, the Seattle Music Society has presided over a varied array of works by Chopin, Liszt, Schumann, Poulenc, Rachmaninoff, and many, many others. The Society now presents two festivals annually: a weekend Winter Festival in February and a six-week summer festival in July and August. Most concerts include a pre-concert recital.
In addition to the two festivals, the Society hosts two Emerging Artists Concerts in May, featuring high school and college student musicians who are members of the Seattle Youth Symphony’s scholarship chamber ensembles. The organization’s offerings extend well beyond the concert hall, with events including a Sunday morning Concert in the Backyard Series at the KidsQuest Children’s Museum in Bellevue, performances at Zoka Coffee Roaster & Tea Co., classroom visits, and free Music Under the Stars concert broadcasts during the summer at Westlake Park.
Seattle Chamber Music Society Information
- Venues: Nordstrom Recital Hall at Benaroya Hall, 200 University Street, Seattle; Westlake Park, 401 Pine Street, Seattle; The Overlake School, 200301 NE 108th Street, Redmond
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Winter Festival Performances/Programs: Five concerts, including one Family Concert
- Winter Festival Ticket Prices: All concerts except the Family Concert are $45 general admission and $10 for students. All tickets for the Family Concert are $10
- Winter Festival Subscriptions: Full Subscription (four concerts), $180; Variety Subscription (three concerts), $135
- Summer Festival Performances/Programs: 17, including one Family Concert
- Summer Festival Ticket Prices: TBA
- Families: With the exception of the Family Concert, children under six years of age are not admitted.