Founded in 1975, SCT is the currently the second largest professional children’s theatre in the United States. Since its inception, Seattle Children’s Theatre has merged regional theatre ideals with classic storytelling, along the way reinventing the national spectrum for theatre for young audiences. With a $6 million dollar annual budget overseeing a seven show season, a full education academy and an extensive outreach program reaching over 100,000 student audience members each year, SCT is one of Seattle’s top artistic destinations. Among the impressive productions debuted on the company’s Charlotte Martin and Eve Alvord stages have been the premiere theatrical dramatizations of such favorites as A Wrinkle in Time, Frog and Toad, and Lily’s Purple Plastic Purse.
Seattle Children’s Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Great (Several bus lines within a 5-minute walk)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good. ASL performances are also available
- Performances/Programs: 7 shows per season with several performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Tickets are usually $22–$37 for adults and $17–$31 for children depending on day and time of performance. Discounted offerings, including specially priced morning performances for school groups, are also offered
- Group Discounts: Group discounted rates are available
- Subscriptions: Regular, Star, Previews, Flex, and Thursday Evenings subscriptions are offered. Benefits include discounts on additional single ticket orders, and no service fee; free unlimited ticket exchange; discounts for SCT Drama School Classes; discounts on a Birthday Party Package; and Stage Door Store merchandise discounts.