One of America’s premier all-male gay choruses, the Seattle Men’s Chorus was founded in 1979 and has grown to include over 300 singers. The Chorus, which is under the musical directorship of Dennis Coleman, has performed many commissioned works, as well as concerts featuring many celebrities and noted musicians. The group has also launched the very successful Seattle Women’s Chorus, along with two smaller ensembles: Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes, both of which specialize in pop and vocal jazz.
Seattle Men’s Chorus Information
- Other Venues: McCaw Hall and Meany Theater
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Most venues accessible; contact venue management for details
- Performance/Productions: Three concerts per season, plus special events
- Ticket Prices: $39–$52
- Subscriptions: Three-show subscription $58.50–$167.50. Subscriber benefits include discounts for family and friends, free ticket exchanges, priority seating, and lost ticket insurance
- Membership: Available from $25–$25,000+.