Now an ensemble of 70 singers, Seattle Pro Musica began in 1972 as a chamber choir. The larger ensemble has two sister ensembles—the chamber ensemble Madrigalia and the women’s group Schola. A Resident Ensemble of St. James Cathedral, American Record Guide has named the group “among America’s very best choirs.” Seattle Pro Musica counts among its repertoire music by Bach, Handel, Mendelssohn, Rachmaninov, Vaughan Williams, Britten, and more. The choir also performs several outreach concerts in surrounding Pacific Northwest communities, and has released six recordings.
Seattle Pro Musica Information
- Other Venues: Phinney Ridge Luteran Church, 7500 Greenwood Ave. NW, Seattle; Chapel at Bastyr University, 14500 Juanita Drive NE, Kenmore.
- Performance/Productions: Eight-plus performances, three programs plus a special community Christmas concert
- Ticket Prices: General admission—$22, $25; Prime Seating—$33, $35; Seniors (65 +)—$17, $20; Students and patrons 25 and under—$12, $15.
- Subscriptions: All three concert programs. General admission—$62; Prime Seating—$90; Seniors—$48; Students and patrons 25 and under—$35.
- Sponsor a Student: At $12 or $15 per student, this show of financial support enables underprivileged students to attend a Seattle Pro Musica concert.
- Donation Levels: Friend—$10-$49; Contributor—$50-$99; Donor—$100-$249; Sterling Circle—$250 +; Benefits include program recognition, end-of-season party, and more.