Signature famously devotes many of its individual seasons entirely to the work of a particular playwright. In 2010-2011, the company presented a Tony Kushner celebration that included an acclaimed new production of the Pulitzer Prize-winning, two-part epic Angels in America (with a cast led by Zachary Quinto, Christian Borle, and Frank Wood), along with Kushner’s The Illusion and The Intelligent Homosexual’s Guide to Capitalism and Socialism, with a Key to the Scriptures. Previous seasons have showcased the works of such lauded writers as Paula Vogel, August Wilson, Charles Mee, Lanford Wilson, Arthur Miller, Edward Albee, and Sam Shepard.
Signature Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (convenient to subway lines A, C, and E at 42nd Street/Port Authority; N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3, and 7 at 42nd Street/Times Square; and buses M11 and M42)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Through the Signature Ticket Initiative, tickets are $20 for every seat at every performance during the initial run of Signature productions at The Peter Norton Space. After that, tickets are $85
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $80 and benefits include $20 tickets for all performances, flexible performance dates (6 weeks before each run, members receive a Show Alert to book tickets), priority ordering and seating, free ticket exchange, invitations to special events, discounts at local restaurants, businesses, and other shows through the Subscriber Rewards Program, and priority access to Talk Backs, Show Kick-off Receptions, and Signature After Hours.