This company takes its name from a statement by the great French artist Paul Cézanne: “The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.” Single Carrot champions new, diverse, and socially significant works while also endeavoring to reinvigorate the classics.
Scheduled for performance during the company’s representative 2010-2011 season are Eric Coble’s Natural Selection, Gao Xingjian’s The Other Shore, Paula Vogel’s The Long Christmas Ride Home, and Andrew Irons’ Linus & Alora.
Single Carrot Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by a few public bus routes)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Four productions per season, each running for approximately one month.
- Ticket Prices: $7.50-20, depending on event date. Discounts available to students, seniors and artists.
- Subscriptions/Membership: Season membership is $125, and includes one admission to each of four season productions. Also includes one ticket to season gala event, one ticket to all ‘friendraiser’ events, as well as discounts to area stores & restaurants. Holiday membership for 2 ($150) includes admission to three season productions and all other benefits listed above.