SCRC’s goal is to provide Hilton Head Island with quality theatre in an intimate space and at a reasonable price. Since its inception in 1992, the company has produced a diverse assortment of plays and musicals in its flexible, 75-seat “black box” facility. Programming ranges from the classics to material that is completely new to the region, including Pulitzer Prize winners (such as John Patrick Shanley’s Doubt: A Parable and David Lindsay-Abaire’s Rabbit Hole), other shows recently seen on Broadway and Off-Broadway (Mauritius, The Seafarer, Gutenberg! The Musical!), and important contemporary work found in festivals across the United States and Canada.
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately six productions annually, each running between 1-3 weeks.
- Ticket Prices: $15-28 depending on performance, with discounts for students and seniors.
- Subscriptions: None available.