Speakeasy specializes in Boston premiere productions of noteworthy new plays and musicals. The company was named the Pavilion Resident Theater for the Boston Center for the Arts in 2007, and it recently received the Theatre Hero Award from StageSource for its dedication to nurturing and supporting Boston area theater artists, and for its leadership and inspiration to the theater community of Greater Boston. Among its many award-winning productions have been the plays The History Boys, Blackbird, The Seafarer, Some Men, The Shape of Things, and the musicals [title of show], The Light in the Piazza, Parade, Bat Boy, and Caroline, or Change.
Speakeasy Stage Company Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible via bus or MBTA, but must walk a few blocks)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Generally Wednesday through Sunday (with occasional Tuesdays)
- Ticket Prices: $25–$54; $14 student Rush tickets sold an hour before curtain (subject to availability)
- Subscriptions: Four-Show $160–$180, Five-Show $190–$215, Four- Show Flex $192, Five-Show Flex $230. Benefits include priority seating, easy ticket exchange, and a 2-for-1 discount card to use at over 30 other Boston theaters.