Located on the campus of St. Catherine’s University, the O’Shaughnessy serves the school and surrounding community with a variety of arts events. It features performances by a number of local arts companies, as well as hosting public television events, student performances, and movie screenings. It is the regional home of national theatre company Theatreworks USA, and produces a variety of multicultural arts presentations, as well as event series in dance (the Body Enlightened Series) and theatre (the Women of Substance Series).
The facility was originally built in the early 1970’s, receiving an overhaul in 2003. The O’Shaughnessy is primarily focused on its role in education; the venue hosts thousands of students and teachers each year from many local institutions, foremost of them St. Catherine’s University.
St. Catherine University – O’Shaughnessy Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by buses 74, 87, and 134)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 120 events annually
- Ticket Prices: Vary (free-$50) depending on event. Discounts available at many events for students, seniors, and members of the university community
- Group Discounts: Minimum of 10 visitors required for group discount; minimum of 20 for ticket consignment. Benefits include: one free individual ticket for every 25 purchased, priority seating for group members, and ticket exchange privileges.