State Street Ballet (SSB) is known for its grand productions. They aim to awe and entertain and while they draw primarily from familiar storylines, the narratives are always augmented with modern twists and lavish décor. Cinderella’s carriage undergoes a digital transformation and the Nutcracker is transported to Hollywood. SSB’s original full-length version of The Jungle Book has become a crowd favorite with its dazzling animal costumes and melange of classical, jazz, and world fusion music.
As a regional company, SSB performs in Santa Barbara and tours mostly in the Western United States. Since 2005, the company has also made occasional appearances in the Midwest and East coast.
State Street Ballet Information
- Public Transportation: Accessible by bus
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Hours: Performances generally on Saturdays and Sundays
- Admissions: Tickets are usually $28 – $53. Discounts available for students, seniors, and children 12 & under
- Note: The ballet company’s home, since late 2008, is the Gail Towbes Center for Dance at 2285 Las Positas Road.