Teatro Vista is a non-profit Equity company that produces full scale, Latino oriented theater in English. The company was founded in 1990 by Edward Torres and Henry Godinez, two actors who wished to create opportunities beyond the stereotypical roles that were available to Latino performers. Among the theater’s recent productions have been Tanya Saracho’s Our Lady of the Underpass, Migdalia Cruz’s El Grito del Bronx, Octavio Solis’s Dreamlandia, and Kristoffer Diaz’s The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity.
Teatro Vista Information
- Venues: The company performs primarily at the Greenhouse Theater, 2257 N. Lincoln Ave., as well as at other venues throughout the city
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: Usually Thursday–Sunday for the regular run, but previews and opening night sometimes fall on other days
- Ticket Prices: $25, discounts for students and seniors available at the box office with valid ID
- Subscriptions: No subscription options, but there is a Flex Pass.