This company’s recent productions have ranged from the musicals Man of La Mancha, My Fair Lady, and Once on This Island to Shakespeare’s Othello and Twelfth Night to John Patrick Shanley’s Doubt: A Parable. Established in 1993, Ten Thousand Things seeks to invigorate ancient tales, classic stories, and contemporary works through a search for honest, open interactions between actors and audiences in various non-traditional performance venues. The Pioneer Press wrote of the company, “It’s a delicious irony that to see some of the most skilled theater in the Twin Cities, you must journey to the least prosperous fringes.”
Ten Thousand Things Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 3 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Many performances are presented free of charge. All paid public performances are $25. $15 student tickets are available on Sundays
- Subscriptions: Flex-pass subscriptions are available and can be purchased by calling the box office.