(June 28 – July 29, 2012) For over 25 years, the Texas Shakespeare Festival has been a major theatrical outlet for East Coast Texas audiences and artists. Housed on the campus of Kilgore College, TSF presents a summer repertory season of Shakespeare, Moliere, and musical theatre, as well as a yearly children’s production, all performed by a talented resident company of local actors. Recent productions have included 30 plays in the Shakespeare canon, as well as ambitious stagings of works as diverse as Amadeus, Cyrano de Bergerac, and Guys and Dolls. The festival also offers summer training programs in performance and stage combat, making it a popular destination for area students.
Texas Shakespeare Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 4–5 mainstage shows, and 1–2 Children’s Shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $20–$29 for mainstage shows, with prices varying by performance and seating selection; Children’s Shows $7. Backstage Tours are $4
- Subscription: Season tickets are $89, and include one ticket to all mainstage shows.