The Blank Theatre Company was founded in 1990. Among the highlights of the company’s production history are The Cradle Will Rock, Breaking the Code, Little Fish, First Lady Suite, and the Los Angeles premiere of Amy and David Sedaris’s The Book of Liz.
In addition to having presented more than 40 mainstage productions and having raised thousands of dollars for charitable organizations, The Blank has created an annual Nationwide Young Playwrights Festival that has thus far encouraged and produced some 200 playwrights aged 19 and younger. The theater also offers workshop presentations of new shows as part of its Living Room Series.
Blank Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (easily accessible by buses 4, 210, and 702 at Santa Monica Blvd./Vine Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $22–$38; shows available on Goldstar.com
- Memberships: Two membership options: $50 Gold Level (six tickets per year) and $100 Platinum Level (12 tickets). Purchase a year-long membership to get “subscriber benefits,” including easy ticket exchanges and additional ticket discounts.