This young company, established in 2009, bills itself as supplying “candy for the brain via stellar and unique theatrical productions.” It engages Madison audiences by performing in both traditional and “unlikely” venues throughout the area, offering everything from one-acts to full-length published and original plays.
In the fall of 2010, the company launched its first mainstage season while continuing to present performances in local bars and coffee shops. Recent productions have included Sam Shepard’s True West, David Sedaris’s The Santaland Diaries, and Neil LaBute’s The Mercy Seat.
The Bricks Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue. Most are easily accessible by bus
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: 4–5 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Tickets are $20–$25
- Subscriptions: Three plans are available. The $75 Half “Share” level gives you one 4-ticket season pass; free admission to one special event or non-featured performance; and a subscription to the e-newsletter. The $150 “share” gives you one 8-ticket season pass; free admission to 2 special events or non-featured performance; and a subscription to the e-newsletter. The $250 Premium “Share” members receive the same benefits of the $150 “share” level members, plus you get to help choose the final play of the following season by reading and debating ten producer selected plays.