As its name suggests, The Cleveland Pops Orchestra performs works that range from jazz, swing, and Dixieland to Broadway tunes, light classical, and Klezmer music, as well as a wide variety of international selections from countries such as Italy, France, Greece, Argentina, Spain and more. The ensemble is led by conductor/clarinetist Carl Topilow, who has been at the helm since its inception.
In addition to its annual concert season, the orchestra hosts the Jean L. Petitt Memorial Music Scholarship Competition each year for pops instrumentalists, singers, and dancers 18 years of age and under.
The Cleveland Pops Orchestra Information
- Other Venues: Palace Theatre, 1615 Euclid Avenue
- Public Transportation: Very good for both locations. Severance Hall (steps from RTA buses 9, 48, and 48A at Adelbert Road/Euclid Avenue; a 5-minute walk from bus 38 at Ford Drive/Euclid Avenue; and a 10-minute walk from buses 7, 8, 9, 32, and the Heath Line at the University Circle Rapid Station). Palace Theatre (steps from the E Line Trolley, Heath Line, and bus 9 at 17th Street/Euclid Avenue; a 4-minute walk from buses 8, 11, 14, 15, 77F, and 90F at Prospect Avenue/14th Street; and a 5-minute walk from buses 51, 55, 55F, 135, 246, 251, 263, and 451 at 21st Street/Euclid Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good fro both locations
- Performances/Programs: About seven performances per year
- Ticket Prices: Severance Hall – tickets range from $28 to $72; Palace Theatre – tickets range from $10 to $35
- Group Discounts: Groups of 20 or more receive 20% off ticket prices
- Subscriptions: Season subscriptions range from $64–$262, depending on seat selection
- Membership Levels: Friend ($50–$99); Notable ($100–$249); White Clarinet Circle ($250–$499); Green Clarinet Circle ($500–$999); Blue Clarinet Circle ($1,000–$1,999); Red Clarinet Circle ($2,000+). All donors are listed in concert program.