This collection of contemporary British art includes approximately 500 works by more than 75 of the most prominent British arts working today. Founders George Michael, the musician, and Kenny Goss personally source and select all the works. The foundation charges no admission fee, and seeks to bring an international flavor to Dallas’s gallery scene. It also partners with other institutions and artists, including Tracey Emin, Marc Quinn, and Jeremy Deller.
The permanent collection is organized by themes, including the beauty and sensuality of death and current social and political issues. The founders frequently add to the collection with future exhibitions in mind.
The exhibitions are rotated on a quarterly basis throughout the year. Past exhibitions have featured work by Marc Quinn, Richard Patterson and Sarah Lucas.
The Goss-Michael Foundation Information
- Public Transportation: Good (The 63 bus at the Turtle Creek and Market Center stop, and the 49 bus at the HI Line and Oak Lawn stop are both a 2–3 minute walk)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Tuesday–Friday 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Saturdays 11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Museum is closed Sunday and Monday
Admission: Free, but donations are gladly accepted
- Tour: Free tours are given Tuesday–Friday from 12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. Tours last approximately 45 minutes and must be scheduled at least one week in advance. Group Tours are also available for 10-25 people
- Membership: Individual donation levels range from $100 (Inspire) to $5,000+ (Educate).