The Human Race Theatre Company marked its 24th season of operation in 2010-11. In its own Loft Theatre on North Main Street and in the adjacent, much larger Victoria Theatre, the company has presented many regional and world premieres, as well as several American classics. Its Musical Theatre Workshop series focuses on shows that are brand new or seldom performed, while its education and outreach programs reach thousands of children and adults throughout the Miami Valley.
The theatre’s recent productions have included The Vertical Hour, Ordinary Days, Rabbit Hole, Lend Me a Tenor, and Man of La Mancha. Currently in development at Human Race is a new musical based on Truman Capote’s A Christmas Memory, adapted by Larry Grossman, Carol Hall and Duane Poole.
Human Race Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Venue is accessible
- Performance/Programs: Six-seven per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Regular tickets $30–$39, seniors $28–$37, children and students (w/ID) $15.50–$19.50. Groups of 10 or more receive a discount
- Subscriptions: Three-, four-, five-, and six-show packages available, with prices ranging from $45–$171. Benefits include easy ticket exchanges, ticket insurance, and discounts on additional tickets.