The Kennedy Center is one of the nation’s most important arts venues and as such, its jazz series draws some of the most important and celebrated musicians in the U.S. to Washington, D.C. KC Jazz recognizes the diversity within the jazz world and frequently expands beyond traditional jazz to incorporate blues, world music, and even hip-hop into its series, which runs from September to May. The Kennedy Center utilizes several different venues in the series aside from its world-renowned concert halls. Purchase tickets well in advance for big names and be sure to check the Center’s website for updates and special offers.
The Kennedy Center (KC Jazz) Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 30 performances per year
- Ticket Prices: Prices range from $15 to $50. Students, seniors, military, and people with permanent disabilities are eligible for 50% off. These tickets must be purchased in person and availability is limited for each performance
- Group Discounts: Discounts are offered for groups of 20 or more
- Subscriptions: For the jazz series, subscribers pick three or more performances. Desired shows can be changed at any time. Benefits include guaranteed seats before public sale and subscription to Kennedy Center News.