The Paramount Theatre, which opened in 1915, presents musicals and plays by touring theater companies and hosts concerts by well-known jazz, folk, and rock artists, along with the occasional stand-up comedian. It also shows a variety of classic films throughout the summer, with a series of double features, often paired with vintage cartoons or serials to complete the retro feel. Gone With the Wind is always shown, usually at the end of the season or over the Labor Day weekend.
The Paramount Theatre Information
- Other venues: The State Theatre, 719 Congress Avenue
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/Programs: These theaters host comedy, magic, literary events and music acts, as well as solo shows, plays and other theatrical presentations. Performance schedule varies, but shows are generally Wednesday-Sunday.
- Admission: Ticket prices can range from $14 to $130. Student and senior
discounts available for some performances.
- Group Discounts: Group discounts are available
- Subscription/Memberships: A variety of subscriptions series are offered. See website for more details.