More than just a vocal chamber group, The Rose Ensemble uses its vast repertoire of diverse cultures to acquaint audiences not merely with the musical traditions, but also with the spiritual, political, and societal motivations that drive the music. Founded by Artistic Director Jordan Sramek in 1996, the early music ensemble performs songs spanning Mediterranean, Slavic, and Hawaiian cultures and drawing from the Jewish, Muslim, and Christian faiths. The Rose Ensemble’s attention to research reflects a genuine desire to teach others about unfamiliar vocal traditions, evident in their free music education programs to Twin Cities students.
The Rose Ensemble Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: All venues are accessible
- Performances/Programs: Four per season, but the group may be hired out and performs other events as well
- Ticket Prices: Depending on venue, prices are either $23 for all seats, or $17–$35 for various seating. $3 discounts for students and seniors, $2 discount for Minnesota Public Radio members. Children 10 and under are free. Buy two or more tickets to select concerts and receive a third for free
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 8 or more
- Subscriptions: Contact for more information
- Membership: Available from $1–$5,000+. Higher level donors receive benefits such as invites to private receptions and dinners, free Rose Ensemble CDs, and season passes.