The St. Louis Chamber Chorus (SLCC) is indebted to the English choral tradition, but lays claim to an intriguing repertoire including works by composers not strongly associated with the choral medium, including Liszt, Tchaikovsky, and Sibelius. This 40-member a cappella ensemble also takes great care to perform in architecturally stimulating venues conducive to superior acoustics, with the performance halls viewed as the chorus’s “instruments.” The SLCC has an open submission policy for any and all composers and arrangers—a sure sign of its commitment to performing new works.
The St. Louis Chamber Chorus Information
- Venues: St. Mary of Victories Catholic Church (744 South 3rd Street, St. Louis); Congregation Shaare Emeth (11645 Ladue Road, Creve Couer); Holy Cross Lutheran Church (2650 Miami Street, South Saint Louis); Graham Chapel at Washington University (6445 Forsyth Boulevard, St. Louis); St. Alphonus Rock Catholic Church (1118 North Grand Boulevard, St. Louis); St. Peter’s Catholic Church (243 West Argonne Drive, Kirkwood); and many more
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Six performances per year
- Ticket Prices: Advance tickets $25–$33; at the door $27–$35; students $10
- Subscriptions: Regular subscriptions $140; student subscriptions $48
- Membership: Friend $50; Associate $100; Sustainer $250; Patron $500; Sponsor $1,000; Benefactor $2,500; Maestro $5,000; Impresario $10,000. Depending on level, benefits include program recognition, complimentary concert tickets, CDs, and more.