The Walters Art Museum’s well-rounded collection is internationally recognized for its breadth, incorporating pieces from pre-dynastic Egypt, Greek sculpture, Art Deco jewelry, as well as 19th- and 20th-century European masterpieces. Former exhibitions have included Gee’s Bend: The Architecture of the Quilt, Salviati and the Antique, and The Special Dead: A Medieval Reliquary Revealed.
Perhaps a lesser-known, but equally enriching, aspect of the museum is its library. Rich in resources for art-history students and enthusiasts, it’s open to the public by appointment. To book, call 410-547-9000 ext. 297.
The Walters Art Museum Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (adjacent to Light Rail service as well as multiple MTA bus lines)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Excellent (docent-led touch and multi-sensory tours are available for the physically and sense impaired)
- Hours: Wednesday–Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m., closed Monday and Tuesday
- Admission: Free
- Tours: Individual, family and self-guided tours are free. Guided group tours are $7 adult, $4 student
- Audio Tours: Free
- Membership: Individual membership is $50. Slightly discounted membership available to students, seniors, and educators
- Other Benefits: Supporter membership ($125) provides members with reciprocal membership to 30 museums nationwide.