Combining elements of both modern and jazz dance, Zenon is known for its versatile and fearlessly physical productions. The company has commissioned works by many renowned American choreographers including Bill T. Jones, Doug Varone, Bebe Miller, Tere O’Connor, Danny Buraczeski and Seán Curran. They have toured extensively in the Midwest and have appeared at national and international festivals.
In addition to their regular performances, Zenon maintains a school that offers an extraordinary range of classes in almost any style from African dance to yoga. They have adult and youth programs as well as community educational programs that target specific populations such as nursing home residents and kinesiology students.
The Zenon Dance Company and School Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Zenon performs a two-week season at the Southern Theater every year. Performances are Thursday through Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Around $30. Southern Theater members can purchase $12 tickets on opening nights; $5 discount for all other performances. Student Rush tickets are $10 (when available). Students, seniors, and low-income patrons receive a $2-per-ticket discount. Children under 12 are half off the regular highest ticket price
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more at the Southern Theater get a $4 discount off each ticket.