TheatreWorks is the theatrical entity behind City Arts on Pearl, a reinvention of Hartford’s historic downtown “Art Deco Building”. Refurbished in 1994, the building now houses a gallery and 200 seat theatre space, hosting top quality regional productions. Located in the heart of Hartford’s downtown dining district, Theatreworks is within walking distance to some of Connecticut’s top restaurants, while the in-house Gallery of American Art, featuring important rotating exhibitions from the collection of the New Britain Museum of American Art, is a must for pre-show viewing.
Recent stagings have included the Connecticut debut of New York hits, The Seafarer by Conor McPherson, The Little Dog Laughed by Douglas Carter Beene, and the Pulitzer Prize winning Rabbit Hole by David Lindsay-Abaire.
- Public Transportation: Fair
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $37–$47 (for $11 extra, you get center reserved seats). Rush tickets for college students are $10 (available at show time), some free tickets available for high-school students, occasionally free tickets also available to downtown Hartford residents. Group discounts for parties of 11 or more
- Subscriptions: Five-Play subscription is $123.23. Subscribers save 30%–45%. Benefits include “credit seats” (if you miss a play, you can request to bring friends to see the next show for free.