Theatre Row” is something of a misnomer for this venue, as it is a single building that houses six separate theaters individually dubbed the Acorn, the Beckett, the Clurman, the Kirk, the Lion, and the Studio Theatre. The name has an historical echo: the building is located on 42nd west of Ninth Avenue, where several Off-Broadway houses collectively and informally known as “Theatre Row” stand (or once stood).
In addition to hosting one-off productions, the facility is currently home to 11 resident companies: The Actors Company Theatre, Alchemy, The Clockwork Theatre, Keen Company, Living Image Arts Theater Company, The New Group, Partial Comfort Productions, Resonance Ensemble, Shakespeare NYC, South Ark Stage, and Theater Breaking Through Barriers.
Theatre Row Information
- Public Transportation: Good (easily accessible by subway lines A, C, and E at 42nd Street/Port Authority; N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3, and 7 at 42nd Street/Times Square; and buses M11, M16, M20, M42, and M104)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Schedule varies
- Ticket Prices: Ticket prices vary by company
- Subscriptions: Theatre Row offers no subscriptions. Any subscriptions would be offered through the individual theater companies that use Theatre Row.