What began as The Friends of Music in 1943 has become an approximately 80-member professional orchestra serving communities in Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana. The Toledo Symphony boasts a diverse menu of programs, from the standard “Classics,” “Pops,” and “Family” series to the more specialized offerings of the “Mozart & More” and “Chamber” series.
The orchestra has collaborated with such prominent guests as Mstislav Rostropovich, Yo-Yo Ma, Tony Bennett, Midori, Bobby McFerrin, and Aretha Franklin. In addition to pre-concert talks, there are educational opportunities that include numerous concert series for children, the Toledo Youth Orchestra, and the Toledo Symphony School of Music.
Toledo Symphony Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good for most
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 40 concerts per season
- Ticket Prices: Each performance is priced individually, but usually ranges from $30 to over $100. Children and student rush tickets are $10 in advance and $5 at the door for Classic, Mozart, and Chamber performances
- Subscriptions: : Classics–$189-$297; Pops–$132-$372;; Chamber–$110-$125; Mozart & More–$150-$175; Family—Adult + free child, $100, additional child, $40. Subscriber benefits include priority seating, flexible ticket exchange, free subscriber tickets, free ticket insurance.