Founded in 1963, this Tony Award winning regional theatre is famous for its thoughtful world premieres and bold interpretations of the classics. The theatre’s experimental roots, under the guidance of pioneering artistic directors like Adrian Hall and Anne Bogart, gave rise to some of the most talked about productions of the past thirty years, including controversial re-imaginings of such American stalwarts as West Side Story, Annie, and Our Town.Now Rhode Island’s largest arts organization, the compan ‘s seven-show season continues to mix challenging with the traditional, and is buoyed by the talents of one of the last remaining permanent resident acting companies in the country.
Equally renowned for its educational outreach, Trinity Rep’s programs introduce thousands of local students to the theatre each year, while its three year Masters Program, in affiliation with Brown University, is one of the most prestigious professional training programs on the east coast.
Trinity Repertory Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good (theater is a few blocks away from a bus stop and the train station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Fully accessible
- Performance/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday through Sunday.
- Admission: Single tickets are $25-$65. A limited number of $20 tickets are sold for each show of the season (excluding A Christmas Carol). Seniors get a 10% discount. Student tickets are $20. Educators, military, firefighters, police, and EMS all qualify for $25 (weekdays) and $30 (weekends) tickets. $15 Rush Tickets sold two hours before each performance, subject to availability. “Chace Theater Bench Seats,” 70 seats in the upstairs back, are sold for just $10 to performances in the Chace Theater.
- Free Days: First Friday of each play’s run is “Pay What You Can”.
- Group Discounts: Group discounts available.
- Subscription/Memberships: 4-Show ($80-$152) and 6-Show ($120-$198) subscriptions available. Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges. Subscription discounts available for seniors, youth, and educators. Flex passes available.