Housed in a spectacular new theatre space on the Red Bank, the building of a gorgeous home marked a fitting tribute to Two River Theatre Company, one of the fastest growing professional theatre companies to emerge in central New Jersey. Founded in 1994, the theatre has in a relatively short time established itself as one of the area’s most vibrant arts centers. The company presents an annual six-show season of challenging contemporary works from writers like Wendy Wasserstein and Martin McDonough, along with classics by Shakespeare and Thornton Wilder, and audience favorites by A.R. Gurney and Neil Simon. The theatre’s new building also includes a 99-seat black box for hosting more experimental works and readings. Taking a dynamic approach to arts training, Two River’s education programs include new works for young audiences inspired by the works currently on the company’s mainstage, as well as extensive classes and internship programs for ages 4-college.
Two River Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Hours: Performance schedule is Tuesday through Sunday
- Admission: Single tickets are $34 – $59. Seniors (65+) get a $3 discount on tickets. Tickets are $24 for 21-and-under. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more.
- Membership: 5-play subscription is $136 – $232 (only $90 for 21-and-unders)
- Other Benefits: Subscriber benefits include ticket exchanges and preferred seating