Kansas City’s premiere regional theatre, the Unicorn has a thirty-five year reputation for producing bold new works and areal premieres, including the outrageous musical, Six Women with Brain Death, which has gone on to major success regionally and abroad. More recent audience favorites have included the world debut of Lia Romeo’s Green Whales, and the first local staging of New York hits, Rabbit Hole, Grey Gardens, The Clean House and Bare, a Pop Opera. Committed to uniting the best in Kansas City talent with the most cutting edge material on the international scene, the Unicorn has developed an adventurous audience willing to take the ride on its continued reputation for excellence.
Unicorn Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $20–$30, $5 discount for seniors and full-time students, $7 student Rush tickets available five minutes before curtain, discounts for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Five-Show $95–$140, Six-Show $114–$162, Seven-Show $133–$189, and Eight-Show $144–$208 packages available. Subscriber benefits include one free ticket exchange per show, 10% off extra tickets, and a complimentary Kansas City Performing Arts Cooperative Discount card that allows members to receive a one-time discount for two-for-one tickets at eight other participating arts organizations.