(June – September) Vail Jazz Foundation strives to educate and entertain listeners through jazz, inspiring young and old alike through our own unique American artform. The Vail Jazz festival runs throughout the summer and includes Jazz @ The Vail Farmer’s Market, Jazz @ Vail Square and the culminating Labor Day Weekend Party, featuring world-class jazz musicians over five days and nights in the Vail Marriott Ballroom and in an outdoor tent in Vail Square. Many of the events throughout the summer are free and open to the public, while the Labor Day Weekend Party features ticketed concerts with tickets at $45 during the day and $55 in the evening. Visitors flocking to Vail for the Labor Day Weekend Party should check with the Marriott for discounted room rates.
Vail Jazz Festival Information
- Venues: Vail Farmers’ Market (Meadow Drive); Arrabelle Hotel in Lionshead (675 Lionshead Place); Marriott Mountain Resort (715 West Lionshead Circle)
- Public Transportation: Good for each location. For the Vail Farmers’ Market (easily accessible by the Blue East Vail Express bus). For Arrabelle Hotel and Marriott Mountain Resort (accessible by the Red and Green buses, and the Lionshead In-Town Shuttle)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: June – Labor Day Weekend. Thursdays 6 p.m.–8 p.m. – Jazz at Vail Square (Free Concerts outside the Arrabelle Hotel in Lionshead); Sundays Noon–3 p.m. – Jazz at the Market; Vail Jazz Party – Labor Day Weekend (5 days) with multiple performances
- Ticket Prices: $45–$55 (a.m. performances); $55–$65 (p.m. performances)
- Patron Passes: $350 and includes preferred seating at all performances, Friday cocktail party, and Saturday dinner with the artists.