This 26-member choir, formed in 2006, performs a wide-ranging repertoire consisting of classics and new works alike. Voce is distinctive for commissioning not only composers but also visual artists, whose resulting work relates to the choir’s concert programs. Additionally, Voce conducts educational workshops, master classes, and more for choral groups and students.
The performing arts group has auctioned off two works by artist Joel Sager in support of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and Habitat for Humanity. Voce’s other philanthropic partners in the nonprofit sector include Latino Community Services, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and the New Haven Symphony Orchestra.
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 4-5 programs per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Varies by concert but usually $20–$30 with discounts for students and children
- Membership/Donations: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.