Since its inception in 1990, Voices of Ascension has been one of the world’s premier professional choral groups, and has thrived under the artistic direction of Dennis Keene for 16 seasons. The group records and performs largely at the Church of Ascension in Greenwich Village, but it has done guest appearances with the San Francisco Symphony, the Mark Morris Dance Group, and at the Mostly Mozart Festival.
Voices of Ascension has nine recordings with Delos International, including Beyond Chant: Mysteries of the Renaissance, The Duruflé Album, Prince of Music: The Greatest Choral Works of Palestrina, and Hear My Prayer, featuring soprano soloist Hei-Kyung Hong.
Voices of Ascension Information
- Other Venue: The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, 145 W 46th Street
- Public Transportation: Good (For The Church of the Ascension: Subway lines L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, and 6 at 14th Street/Union Square and buses M1–M3, M5, M8, and M14. For The Church of St. Mary the Virgin: Subway lines N, Q, and R at 49th Street; the B, D, F, and M at 47–50th Streets/Rockefeller Center; the S, 1, 2, 3, and 7 at 42nd Street/Times Square; and buses M5, M7, M20, M50, and M104)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Six performances given annually
- Ticket Prices: Vary by concert, but range from $10-$55
- Membership: Memberships start at $50 and can reach up to $10,000+. Based on donation amount, benefits can include signed Voices CD, invites to private receptions, premium seating, and free tickets.