Designed by Frank Gehry, the Weisman (a.k.a. ”Baby Bilbao”) is a steel-clad collection of curves and angles reflecting everything around it, including the nearby Mississippi River. Inside is a modern American art collection primarily focusing on the first half of the 20th century, including a portrait of founder Frederick Weisman by Andy Warhol.
Weisman Art Museum Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible by both bus and Metro lines)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10 a.m.–5 p.m., Thursday 10 a.m.–8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m.–5 p.m., closed Monday and holidays
- Admission: Free
- Tours: Free public tours are offered every Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Membership: Individual membership ($40–$59) includes invitations to special events and openings, a subscription to WAM newsletter, discounts on events and classes, and reciprocal benefits at select organizations. Discounted membership is available for students ($30–$39).