The Willows Theatre Company is a non-profit professional theatre that focuses on the development and production of American plays and musicals. In existence for more than 30 years, WTC has presented such shows as To Kill a Mockingbird, Avenue Q, Hair, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and Neil Simon’s Barefoot in the Park and Brighton Beach Memoirs. In 2007, the company opened the 152-seat Campbell Theatre in downtown Martinez, home of the Willows Cabaret, which is used as a venue to explore new works by emerging artists.
Willows Theatre Company Information
- Other Venues: John Muir Amphitheater on the Martinez Waterfront, Martinez; Alhambra Performing Arts Center, Alhambra Avenue at E Street, Martinez
- Public Transportation: Fair (venues reachable by a combo of BART and bus lines)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Most venues
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Wednesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $17–$40, discounts available for students and seniors, $10 student Rush tickets available for full-time students and teachers, group discounts available
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $13–$215, youth (6–18) or college student $72–$96.