(May-September) A wild variety of performers come out every year to play at Wolf Trap, located on the woodsy rolling terrain of a national park. Wolf Trap devotees brave the muggy Virginia weather and risk the chance of getting wet (concerts go on rain or shine) to see artists like Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt, Elvis Costello, Jewel, Rufus Wainwright, Morrissey, the Beach Boys, and even the National Symphony Orchestra, while picnicking out on the expansive lawn of the Filene Center.
Tuesday through Saturday mornings, all summer, Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods has something for the whole family (kids under 3 get in for free). During the rest of the year there are indoor concerts at Wolf Trap’s 400-seat the Barns venue.
Wolf Trap Foundation For the Performing Arts (Vienna, VA) Information
- Other Venues: The Barns at Wolf Trap, 1635 Trap Road; Center for Education at Wolf Trap, 1645 Trap Road, all located in Vienna, Virginia
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible via Metrorail and Wolf Trap shuttle)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Over 100 performances of modern and classical dance, pop, rock, jazz, classical, and world music, musical theater and opera, children’s shows, and even films and multimedia events throughout the summer. Also around 100 performances October through May at Wolf Trap’s indoor venue. Performances given most days throughout the summer
- Ticket Prices: Tickets are $8–$80. 50% discounts are offered for seniors. Ticket exchanges available for $5
- Group Discounts: Group discounts are available
- Membership: Memberships start at $50 and include invites to special events and gift-shop discounts
- Educational/Community Outreach: Educational programs include artsplay classes for infants/toddlers, private music classes, master classes, group music classes for adults, internships, residences, and field trips for students.