(June 22-30, 2012) Founded in 2002, the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival has quickly grown into one of the largest and most highly anticipated jazz festivals in the country. Expanding from 15,000 visitors in the first year to over 180,000, the festival puts up nearly 300 concerts in dozens of venues over nine incredible days. Performers range from the expected (Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Dave Brubeck, Marian McPartland) to the very unexpected (Steve Martin, Bonnie Raitt, Woody Allen, Frank Zappa). The most popular way to explore the wide variety of performers and genres is the Club Pass, which provides access to all of the club venues in the festival (be aware, the Club Pass sells out very quickly). Ticket prices for headliners are comparable to any other venue ($40-100) and are a good value, even if the ticket surcharges drive the price up even further. The electric atmosphere at this festival is hard to beat! (MS)
Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival Information
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: More than 200 shows presented during the festival; headliners at Kodak Hall at the Eastman Theatre, others at one of 18 other venues
- Ticket Prices: Many of the shows are presented free of charge. Ticketed events range from $20–$25
- Subscription: The XRIJF Club Pass ($174–$189) gives you tickets to all concerts.