Since its first season of performances in 2004-2005, The Actors’ Shakespeare Project has become known for vivid productions of the Bard’s plays, ranging from acknowledged masterpieces on the order of The Merchant of Venice, Much Ado About Nothing, King Lear, Macbeth, and Twelfth Night, to less frequently presented works such as King John, Love’s Labour’s Lost, and Titus Andronicus.
Working as an ensemble of resident company members, ASP offers intimate productions and outreach programs in diverse venues including Midway Studios in South Boston, Downstairs at the Garage in Harvard Square, and the Armory in Somerville, Mass.
Actors’ Shakespeare Project Information
- Venues: Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center (41 Second Street, Cambridge); The Modern Theatre at Suffolk University (525 Washington Street, Boston); Midway Studios (15 Channel Center Street, South Boston); Storefront on Elm (255 Elm Street, Somerville); and other venues
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Season includes two full-length plays and the Winter Festival (featuring Shakespeare and plays by local contemporary playwrights). Approximately 30 performances of each production
- Ticket Prices: $21-48. Senior and Student discounts available. $15 Student Rush tickets available one hour before each performance
- Group Sales: Groups of 10+ receive discounts of 15% off regular ticket price. Student group tickets are always $15
- Subscriptions: 4- and 6-play subscriptions are available. Benefits include premium seating, discounts on other tickets, special event invitations, and discounts at other area establishments.