ADT was founded in 1981 and is the Resident Dance Company at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts. Under the guiding hand of Artistic Director Alice Bassler Sullivan, the Anchorage-based company’s 22 dancers perform new works (by both resident and dance choreographers) in three repertory concerts each year.
Alaska Dance Theatre Information
- Other Venue: 550 East 33rd Avenue
- Public Transportation: Good for both (ADT – within a five-minute walk from buses 2, 3, 36, 60, 75, and 102. For ACPA – buses 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 36, 45, 60, 75, and 102 all have stops within a short walk)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at both
- Performances/Programs: With a combination of its Mainstage, Studio Series, Student Showcase, and Special Events, ADT presents 15–20 shows per season
- Ticket Prices: Adult $8–$28; Military/Senior $8–$25; Youth (18 and under) $6–$11; Students (19 and older w/ID) $6–$14
- Membership: There are several donor levels, and any donations are greatly appreciated. There are also opportunities to sponsor concerts, scholarships for students, and satellite programs, as well as corporate sponsorship opportunities.